Sphere of scientific interests of the department of the department:
2. Modern biotechnology in the treatment of traumas of different genesis and their consequences;
3. Use of modern methods of osteosynthesis in bone fractures and their consequences;
4. Low-invasive osteosynthesis in bone fractures;
5. Endoprosthetics of large joints in degenerative-dystrophic diseases;
6. Auditory endoprosthetics of large joints;
7. Operative intervention in the traumatic damage of the spine;
8. Arthroscopic surgical interventions on the knee, shoulder and other joints;
9. Establishment of risk factors and prophylaxis of thromboembolic complications in traumatology and orthopedics.
Main scientific achievements of the department
The staff of the Department of Traumatology and Orthopedics with Military-Field Surgery developed and introduced a number of methods and methods of treatment of traumatic injuries of the musculoskeletal system in particular:
- The method of osteosynthesis of the intraarticular fracture of the tibia (Declarative patent for utility model Ukraine 7147 UA; А 61В17 / 58 № 20040907584);
- The method of plastics of an outdated break of the tendon of the four-head muscle of the thigh. (Declarative patent for utility model Ukraine 9142 UA А61В17 / 00, № 200500785);
- Method of surgical treatment of the false joint of the femoral neck (Information Sheet);
- The method of fixing the tendon of a long head of the bicep (Declarative patent for utility model Ukraine 50082; 61B17/00 No. 2001075016;
- Method of plastics of an outdated breach of its own ligament tie (Declarative patent for utility model Ukraine 78284 A., IPC A61 B17 / 00.- No. 201211328;
- Method of distral radial-elbow joint arthrodesis (Declarative patent for utility model Ukraine 84091 A., IPC A61 B17 / 00.-№ 201304410.
Clinical practice has been introduced:
- Blocking intramedullary osteosynthesis of diaphyseal fractures of long bones;
- Metal osteosynthesis of the internal and near articular fractures using LSP plates and navigation systems;
- Metal osteosynthesis of fractures of the proximal thigh with the use of PFN structures;
- Metal osteosynthesis of uncomplicated fractures of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine;
- Osteosynthesis with fractures of the pelvic bones and swollen gut;
- Cement and cement endoprosthetics of hip and knee joints during degenerative-dystrophic diseases of the joints;
- Auditory endoprosthetics of the hip joint;
- Endoprosthetics of the hip joint in patients of the elderly and aged with hip fractures;
- Arthoscopic treatment of traumatic injuries and degenerative-dystolic diseases of the knee joint.
In general, more than 40 new treatments have been introduced into clinical practice.